Speaking of cool, Anime Expo is happening as I type this and there is a TON of news for us to recap. Please keep in mind that due to the sheer volume of news that has been announced over the last day, I’ll only be publishing bullet points. For more info, please visit the appropriate links to get all the juicy details that you’re craving.
Now, on with the news!
– We start by revealing that Dark Horse Comics has licensed the classic manga, Elfen Lied.
– New Licenses: togainu no chi, DRAMAtical Murder, Lamento -Beyond the Void– Boys-Love Games
– NISA will be releasing SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Switch Game in November.
– Also announced were plans to release The Princess Guide, Caligula: Overdose in 2019
– New license: Mr. Tonegawa which will come complete with a dub on HIDIVE
– New licenses: ReRideD, Double Decker, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Radiant, all of which will premiere in the Fall
– Crunchyroll Expo will premiere The Rising of the Shield Hero
– New manga licenses: Planet With, Holmes of Kyoto, Crossing Time
– Will begin print publishing with In Another World With My Smartphone novels
– New licenses: Amagi Brilliant Park, Kokoro Connect, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen Novels
– New licenses: Maria Watches Over Us, Hataraki Man, Basquash!, Yumeiro Pâtissière, Votoms, Ideon, Xabungle, Human Crossing Anime
– New licenses: Smashed: Junji Ito Story Collection Manga, Megalobox Anime
– Will reprint Banana Fish manga
– New trailer for A Certain Magical Index III
– Aggretsuko gets second season
– Premiere dates revealed for 2nd Godzilla Anime Film, Dragon Pilot, Kengan Ashura
– Theatrical screening announced for Liz and the Blue Bird, Laughing Under the Clouds Gaiden in U.S. Theaters
Whew! That’s it for Day 1 of Anime Expo but check back tomorrow as I’ll be highlighting all the hot tidbits of news that are revealed on Day 2.